All classes are taught by a team of dedicated staff and community volunteers in the classroom facilities at Carriage Manor Apartments. There is no cost to attend the classes, but sign-ups are required in advance. Class offerings rotate throughout the year to best meet the needs of the community.
Current offerings include:
- English as a Second Language (ESL) Classes by level, incorporating Life skills, and college and career readiness (Day and Evening, Adults)
- Conversation Club (Day, Adults)
- Supervised Play for Children 6 months to 5 years old (Day, for children of adults taking classes)
- After school tutoring (Afternoon, Elementary age students)
- Life and Business Skills Classes for Adults (Day and Evening, Adults)
The Rosalie Rendu Center welcomes volunteers with expertise and passion for teaching others. Previous volunteers have taught classes to help prepare and educate students about:
- Job interviews
- U.S. citizenship information
- American culture
- Technology Uses
- and many more!
If you would like to volunteer your time in one of these areas, or have an idea that will help empower our students, please send us an email. Volunteers do not need to speak Spanish in order to lead an ESL class, speak on a specific topic, or share an interest.