All classes are taught by a team of dedicated staff and community volunteers in the classroom facilities at the Rosalie Rendu Center. There is no cost to attend the classes, but sign-ups are required in advance. Class offerings rotate throughout the year to best meet the needs of the community.
Current offerings include:
- English as a Second Language (ESL) Adult Day Classes by level, incorporating life, college and career readiness skills
- Conversation Club
- Supervised play for children (ages 9 months to 3 years) of adults taking classes
- Basic Computer Skills
- Citizenship Test Preparation
- Workshops on a variety of relevant topics of interest to the students
The Rosalie Rendu Center welcomes volunteers motivated to share their expertise or passion. All that is required is a desire to lead others in exploring new areas of interest and discovering new abilities. Previous volunteers have led workshops to help prepare and educate students about:
- Successful job interviews
- Physical and mental health and wellness
- Immigrant Rights information
- American culture
- Artistic expression
- International cuisines…and many more!
If you would like to volunteer your time in one of these areas, or have an idea that will help empower our students, please send us an email. Volunteers do not need to speak Spanish in order to facilitate a workshop or share an interest.